A letter of recommendation for internship is important because someone’s future depends on it. With the internship, a person can learn about his profession that he can be trained for the actual employment. Getting an internship is essential because it increases the opportunity of getting a job.
Letter of Recommendation: What You Need to Learn
Having a meaningful LOR requires thoughtfulness, time, understanding, and knowledge about the person you are writing. The letter of recommendation for internship should have sense because it has value for the candidate. If the letter is crafted perfectly, the intern increases his chances for getting the internship.
Letter of Recommendation Writing: Getting Started
Letter of recommendation is an opportunity in describing what the candidate’s accomplishments are and how does he shine above others. But remember that this must be done without praising him too much. So, where you should begin?
- Talk to the person: Find out where he will be going to use the letter and why he needs it. Ask also about the submission and deadlines.
- Take time to learn about the intern works: In this way, it will give you an overview about the candidate performances. Doing this will help you to write an impressive letter of recommendation
- Letter: The letter should be 1 to 2 pages, so it should be single spaced or whatever is the required format.
- Opening paragraph: In the beginning, you should explain what your relationship to the candidate is. You can include his name, length of time you’ve known him and how did you get to know him.
- Describing: You can describe the person in 3-5 paragraphs, but they must be as detailed as possible.
- Stories or examples: In writing, you can include some stories about the candidate. For instance, you can highlight his achievements, accomplishments and ability.
- Intern’s integrity, character, and maturity: Never forget about the candidate’s qualities. For examples, you can tell how the person works or talk about his leadership and good communication skills and other distinctive qualities he has.
- Final paragraph: Summarize and have an overall evaluation. Also, include your contact information and where can you be reached.
Recommendation Letter: Final Thoughts
Letter of recommendation for internship is important for each and every intern. This is their one way to get the internship they want. With that in mind, be sure to provide an impressive letter of recommendation.