Why a Letter of Recommendation for High School Student Is Important
Writing a high school letter of recommendation may seem to be a daunting challenge from the outset, the person you are writing the letter for has deemed that you know him or her sufficiently well enough to provide a positive but well balanced summary of the them along with their skills and qualities.
Admissions officers put a lot of weight on recommendation letters for a high school student. Especially when selective admissions have to sort through thousands of qualified students who are all competing for a limited number of vacancies. A professionally written and formatted letter of recommendation for high school student can go a long way towards differentiating one student from another.
What to Be Included
- How you’re acquainted with the applicant, describe how you know them and for how long you have been teaching them.
- Focus on any special achievements within the classroom and their participation in extracurricular activities, such as honor groups etc.
- Highlight their positive characteristics; include things like their maturity, motivation, adaptability, how they cope with stress, work ethic and problem solving skills.
- Compare the students to others in their class/group. Use a ranking system to show how they rise above the others.
- Include your own thoughts as to why they are the most suitable applicant for the school of choice.
- Don’t forget to review a draft letter of recommendation before sending.
What Should Not Be Included
- Refrain from using too many superlatives and cliches.
- Don’t use simple summaries and don’t over exaggerate your praise for a student unless it can be backed up by evidence.
- Don’t use statements that are negative or refer to any trivial problems.
- Stay away from including personal information such as appearance, race, family etc. The recommendation letter for high school student should focus on an applicant’s abilities and personality.
- Don’t over complicate by repeating points already written. You’re only aiming to fill one or two pages in your high school letter of recommendation.
Always remember, if you are unable to write a positive letter of recommendation for high school students then you should be respectful and decline and offer an alternative person who could better write their letter.
Check out about main features of MBA letters of recommendation as well.
What We Can Provide
Using our services, we can really help to create that glowing high school letter of recommendation. Our writers are highly qualified and have had many years of experience in the whole application process. Our services include:
- No hidden fees
- Easy to use ordering process
- Unique and original documents guaranteed
- Professional writers
- Unlimited adjustments
- No cliches used
- High quality admission services
- Direct communication with the writer
- On time delivery
- Regular discounts for returning customers
- 100% money back guarantee if you’re not completely happy with our service